New Year's Eve pix
Not much exciting here, just some snapshots from our hugely fun, drunken night at The Duplex
. The two boys together are the couple we met that night. The one in the gray sweater gave me a lap dance. The other one was very mellow.
The waiter boy with the arms and the bowtie is Scott. We believe he is Dan's
And we're off
I would just like to say this about the last day of 2002:
1. I cooked a breakfast of cheese omelettes, turkey bacon and cinnamon toast for my houseguest. This is more than I had cooked in the previous 364 days. And it was fabulous.
2. I was drunk on champagne by 2pm.
3. Gwen looks gorgina in her fire engine red sweater and linky chinky silver belt.
4. My hair looks SO FABULOUS and poofy, the likes of which it has not looked since the Oz premiere.
5. Did I mention I was drunk by 2pm?
6. I am not drunk anymore.
7. This will soon change.
8. At the Duplex
, where we will see my friends sing torchy cabaret tunes, drink tequila sunrises and rub Joey's belly for good luck in the new year.
We are so outta here! Happy New Year!
Just in the interest of avoiding blogrot.
I would also like to say: I really do love my family, but it's fucking good to be home.
1. What was your biggest accomplishment this year?
Getting the fellowship to grad school, starting to teach even though I was scared shitless to do it, writing a whole lot for my novel, and starting to figure out who Violet is.
I also finally gave in to my shrink and went on anti-depressants this year, and it's been life-changing. No horrific depressive episodes in months, since I started taking them.
2. What was your biggest disappointment?
Not getting the fabulous, gorgeous, sparkling new apartment in an elevator building that went for the same rent I'm paying now. I'm still not over that one :(
3. Will you be making any New Year's resolutions?
Not really related to New Year's, but I promised my shrink I'd find out who much the gym costs and buy some workout clothes before I see her again on January 7th, so going to the gym might be construed as a resolution.
4. Where will you be at midnight? Do you wish you could be somewhere else?
Somewhere in the Village surrounded by gay men and Gwen
, with a tequila sunrise in one hand and a really obnoxious noisemaker in the other. Now, that's a pretty sweet place to be, but I wouldn't hate being in Paris or New Mexico or Prague when the year changes. Maybe next year :)
5. Aside from (possibly) staying up late, do you have any other New Year's traditions?
I try to go to this
for at least a few hours every year (Eric Bogosian this year! My future husband! And Anne Waldman! My future adoptive mother!), and I try to purge some of the crap from my apartment. I love to throw shit out and feel a little cleansed in preparation for a new year: )
And now I am off to purchase grenadine and english muffins for my lovely houseguest, who will be arriving this evening around 6 :)